This page was last modified on 19 June 2016, at 13:49.
|Industry||Software & Database|
|Headquarters||Template:Comma separated entries|
|Products||Software subscriptions based on PostgreSQL and EDB Postgres Advanced Server, both of which include support, upgrades and tools for database management, High Availability, integration, and migration. RDBMS|
|Slogan||The Enterprise Postgres Database Company|
EnterpriseDB was founded in 2004 with the goal of disrupting the database oligopoly with an equally capable product based on open source principles and development that offered dramatic cost savings. The company chose PostgreSQL as its technology foundation because PostgreSQL was proven by over 25 years of large-scale commercial deployments, its thriving developer community, and its reputation for being the strongest open source database available. There has also been more than 2 million downloads of PostgreSQL from the company’s corporate web site.
EnterpriseDB employs a number of industry thought leaders and more PostgreSQL open source community experts than any other organization including core team members Bruce Momjian and Dave Page. Our expertise allows EnterpriseDB to provide customers in all market segments unparalleled 24x7 support, value packed software subscriptions, custom consulting engagements, and targeted training services. With hundreds of customers worldwide, including Sony, FTD, hi5 Networks, FAA, Vonage, McKesson, TD Ameritrade and hundreds more, EnterpriseDB has earned the reputation as a trusted technology and business partner. EnterpriseDB employs more than 120 people with headquarters in Bedford, Massachusetts; offices in East Brunswick, NJ; The Netherlands; Japan, the UK, India and Pakistan.
EDB products are based upon PostgreSQL, the worlds most advanced open source database capable of handling a wide variety of high transaction and heavy reporting workloads.
- EDB Postgres Advanced Server
- Postgres Plus Cloud Database
- EnterpriseDB Tools
The EnterpriseDB Postgres Plus Advanced Server provides the most popular enterprise class features found in the leading proprietary products but at a dramatically lower total cost of ownership across transaction intensive as well as read intensive applications. Advanced Server enables seamless migrations from Oracle® that save up to 90% of the cost of typical migrations. Advanced Server also implements a comprehensive suite of Oraclecompatible functionality within and around the core PostgreSQL engine.
EnterpriseDB provides the following packaged services:
- Architectural Health Check
- High Availability Setup with RHCS
- Database Migration Assessment
- Postgres Deployment Services
- August 2011 – Unveiled Postgres Plus® Cloud Server
- August 2011 – Postgres Enterprise Manager™ generally available
- June 2011 – Postgres Plus Advanced Server 9.0 generally available
- May 2011 – EnterpriseDB Announces Postgres Plus Advanced Server for HP-UX
- August 2010 – Received strategic Investment from KT and New VC Funding from TransLink Capital
- October 2009 – Received strategic Investment by Red Hat
- June 2008 – Named Ed Boyajian Chief Executive Officer
- March 2008 – Raised $10 million in Series C financing
- March 2008 – Introduced Postgres Plus product family
- January 2007 – Expanded into EMEA with opening of UK office
- October 2006 – EnterpriseDB Opens Software Development Center in Pune, India
- August 2006 – Released Replication Server
- August 2006 – Closed $20 Million Financing
- February 2006 – Released Advanced Server 8.1
- August 2005 – Unveiled Investments in PostgreSQL Open Source Community
- August 2005 – EnterpriseDB 2005 generally available
- August 2005 – EnterpriseDB 2005 won ‘Best Database Award’ at LinuxWorld
- May 2005 – Emerged from stealth mode and announced the immediate availability of EnterpriseDB 2005 (EDB2005) public beta release.
Cite error: Invalid
parameter "group" is allowed only.
<references />, or
<references group="..." />